Property Maintenance

Lower Moreland Township has established minimum regulations governing the conditions and maintenance of all property, buildings and structures for protection of public safety and property values. In addition to local requirements the Township has adopted the 2000 edition of the International Property Maintenance Code.  

Property Maintenance Code
  • All premises, exterior property and land shall be free from weeds or plant growth in excess of 12 inches. Weeds shall be defined as all grasses, annual plants and vegetation, other than trees or shrubs: however this shall not include cultivated flowers and gardens.
  • Trim vegetation so it does not obstruct the public right of way or street.
  • The exterior of a structure shall be maintained in good repair, structurally sound and sanitary and not pose a threat to public health, safety or welfare.
  • The Property Maintenance Code requires all inoperable vehicles to be housed in a permanent structure, such as a garage.
  • All fences, retaining walls or similar structures shall be properly maintained in a state of good repair.
  • All structures with their assigned street number shall post such number so it is easily observed from the street.
  • All properties will be free from trash or debris which would cause a nuisance or life safety issue.
  • Maintain sidewalks, driveways & curbs in proper states of repair, free of hazardous conditions.
  • All properties will be cleared of snow & ice within 36 hours of when the precipitation stops falling.
  • When a tree or branch falls onto private property from another private property all issues arising from clean-up and damages are a civil matter between property owners. 
  • If branches and leaves from a neighbors’ tree overhangs your property, the branches or leaves can be trimmed as long as it does not adversely affect the tree or plant.
  • Properly dispose of garbage & rubbish in containers with lids or bags sealed closed.

To report a property maintenance issue, please fill out a complaint here or call 215-947-3100.