Aqua Infrastructure Improvement
Aqua will begin a water main replacemnt project on Red Lion Road between Philmont Avenue and Kirk Drive on Monday, May 20th. The road closure will last from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM daily until the projects completion in July 2013. Additional details can be found by reading the full notice on the Aqua Infrastructure Improvements page.
Peddling & Soliciting Ordinance Amendment
The Board of Commissioners recently passed an amendment to the Township's Peddling & Soliciting ordinance. Click here to learn more about these changes.
Lower Moreland Township Electronics Collection Event
Event will take place on Saturday, June 1, 2013
9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Public Works Facility
3901 Heaton Road
Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006
This event is a service for residents of Lower Moreland Township
* Collection event will accept "ELECTRONICS ONLY"
For questions please contact Kelly Jones, Public Works at 215-947-3100 ext. 256
2013 Yard Waste Collection
The Public Works Department has started our 2013 Yard Waste Collection.
Collection for these items will be every Monday, please have bundles cut into 3 foot sections and tied with twine or string. Yard Waste bags are sold at the Township Building. Prices are 3 for $1 and a bundle of 50 for $16.
Road Closures in Lower Moreland
- Beginning May 20th, Aqua Pennsylvania will be replacing the water main on Red Lion Road between Philmont Avenue and Kirk Drive. Work and detour hours will be from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM daily. Residents and businesses will have access to their properties. The project is expected to be completed by July.
- The Township has received notice that Federal and State grant funds have been approved for the replacement of the Inverness Lane Bridge. The grant was made available through FEMA’s Public Assistance program in the aftermath of Tropical Storm Lee. The Township will be re-bidding the construction work in April, with construction now expected to begin in June.
- The Fetters Mill Bridge has been reopened by Montgomery County.
2013 Summer Recreation Program
Don't waste time....COMBINE!
Lower Moreland Township and Allied Waste are commited to Recycling. Allied Waste is proud to offer Single Stream Recycling. What does that mean? All recyclable items listed can now be placed in one container! Containers up to 32 gallons marked "recycle" may be used. Allied Waste can provide stickers at no charge or a 32 gallon container for a minimum charge.
Newspapers, Inserts, Junk Mail, Magazines, Catalogs, Envelopes, Paper Back Books, Phone Books, Cardboard, Clean Pizza Boxes, (cut cardboard to 12" squares) Office and School Papers, Colored Paper, Boxboard, Paper Egg Cartons, Paper Bags (Grocery Type), Aluminum Cans, Clean Foil, Tin and Steel Aerosol Cans (empty), Glass Jars and Bottles, All Plastic Containers Labeled 1-7. Please note that some types of #6 recyclables cannot be accepted, such as Styrofoam or other "foamed polystyrene" plastics. "Non-foamed polystyrene" plastics, such as butter and yogurt containers can be recycled.
Be green - Please remember all containers should be empty and clean
640 Red Lion Road
Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006
P: (215) 947-3100
F: (215) 947-3615
Email Information Update
- 05/20/13 (7:00 pm)
- 05/22/13 (7:00 pm)
- 05/23/13 (7:00 pm)
- 06/01/13 (9:00 am - 1:00 pm)
- 06/03/13 (7:00 pm)