Lower Moreland Township is now using an automated recycling collection process. New recycling toters have been delivered to all Township residences. The new 64-gallon recycling toters were made possible through the DEP Section 902 Recycling Development and Implementation Grant.
To assist in the collection process, we ask that all residents follow these guidelines:
- Toters must be 3 feet clear of any obstruction (cars,mailboxes, fence, telephone polls, etc.)
- The front side of the toter should face the street with the lid closed.
- Recycling toters should be placed on one side of the driveway with trash cans on the opposite side.
- All toters are property of Lower Moreland Township and are assigned a serial number linked to a Township address. Should you move from your residence, please place the container inside the garage or a secure area for the next resident's use.
- On streets without curbs and/or gutters, toters should be placed at the end of your driveway flush with the road.
- Old recycling containers can be placed with other recyclables for pickup.
All residents should be using the new toters, as recyclables will not be collected in old recycling containers. To report a lost or stolen toter, please contact our Public Works Department at 215-947-3100.