The Lower Moreland Township Fire Marshal's Office will be conducting fire inspections of commercial properties/businesses in accordance with Lower Moreland Township's Fire Prevention Code Chapter 105 and the 2009 International Code Council Fire Code. The purpose of this annual inspection program is to safeguard your property and its occupants from fire and explosion hazards arising from the storage, handling and use of substances, materials and devices from conditions hazardous to life or property.
Areas of focus during the inspection will include but not be limited to the following:
- Emergency exits, doors and pathways clear of obstructions and in working order
- Electrical panels labeled for their use and clear of any obstructions
- Boiler/Mechanical rooms maintained and cleaned
- Storage/Utility rooms maintained and cleaned
- Outside storage maintained if permitted
- Storage of Hazardous Materials
- Review fire alarm systems and sprinkler system (if applicable)
pdf Click Here to view the fee schedule for the fire inspection. You will receive a letter approximately one month in advance of the date and time the inspection will occur.
We appreciate your cooperation with this fire inspection program in order to ensure the safety of your businesses and properties and the first responders who protect it.